Other highlights from the FDIC Quarterly Banking Profile include:
- Quarterly loan growth is largest since 2007
- Commercial banks and savings institutions second quarter net income increased $2B or 5.3%
- More than half of the 6,656 institutions reporting had positive year over year growth in earnings
- The number of problem banks fell for the 13th consecutive quarter
- The Deposit Insurance Fund (DIF) net worth increased to over $51 Billion
For more details, please visit https://www.fdic.gov/news/news/press/2014/pr14071.html
The post FDIC-Insured Institutions Earned $40.2 Billion in the Second Quarter of 2014 appeared first on Berkley FinSecure.